Sunday, August 26, 2007

Medications

I am hoping that things with my mother-in-law are getting better. My wife spoke with the nursing home where her mom is for rehab and it appears that they were giving her some medication that does nasty things to her. You would think in this day and age it would be easy to transfer records from one facility to another, but that is not the case. Still, after my wife spoke with them, they stopped giving her that med and it seems to have made a huge difference.

In addition, they are giving her a behavioral medication. My mother-in-law would never knowingly take such a medication but they told her it was for her blood pressure and she took it. My wife is thrilled. She has felt that her mother should have been taking behavioral medications and anti depressants for a long time, but she refuses and she knows what medication she gets. Now with the rehab stint, it can easily be passed off as a new medication.

It appears to be doing the trick. She seems much friendly, seems like she is actually enjoying life and she seems to know exactly what she is saying and what is going on. I do not know how long it will last but hopefully for awhile. I personally do not understand why she refuses to take a medication that makes her feel better, but that is for another time. Right now, while all is good with the world, or my mother-in-law anyway, I plan on taking advantage of the situation and doing what I can to have my son visit grandma more often.

No comments: