Thursday, August 30, 2007

House Painting And Visiting Grandma

You have read numerous comments on this blog about my son and how he relates to his grandmother. The power that he has to help people heal and his willingness, most times, to do so. Today it is my pleasure just to praise him for what he does.

As I mentioned previously, my wife and I bought a house earlier this month. We are in the process of moving things in and getting it setup but we are still living in the apartment. This means there is not much for him to do at the house (although I did bring over a small TV, a VCR and some tapes. My wife was at the house painting today and he did an EXCELLENT job staying out of the way (that is what my wife reported back to me since I was not there) and accepting the fact that this needed to get done (which meant spending less time with him).

When my wife finished priming they needed to give it some time to dry before painting. The two of them decided to visit Grandma at the rehab center. Here he was, cooped up all morning and now he has the opportunity to do something and he wants to visit Grandma. He was told they would go out to lunch afterwards but my wife had planned on doing that anyway since she knew it would be, or could be, frustrating for him to be at the house with little to do.

Yes, I can get frustrated with him at times but I am really very fortunate. Thank you to my wife for painting and my son for staying out of her way AND visiting Grandma.

No comments: