Sunday, September 2, 2007

To Visit Or Not To Visit

The question today is should I take my son to see Grandma. Yesterday I ended up in the hospital as I strained a muscle while packing some boxes as we are getting set to move. I was given quite a scare when they did an EKG to make sure it was not heart related and the technician said she did not like the way it looked and ran it back to the doctor.

The doctor wanted a second EKG done after they shaved some of my chest hair as he thought it might have gotten in the way and given them a false reading. It turns out that was the case (although it took than over an hour and a half to tell me that while my mind conjured up all sorts of images of dying, of needing heart surgery and who knows what else). So, the bottom line is, it seems like a did something to the muscle but I did not break it or do anything that would show up on an x-ray. I was told to take it easy for the next couple of days (with Monday being Labor Day, I shouldn’t even need to miss time at work).

Now, my wife points out with a strained or sore muscle, just turning the wrong way could aggravate it, just driving could do some damage. On the other hand, I do not just want to stay here and do nothing (and no one told me I had to do nothing). My wife told her mother that I probably would not be bringing her grandson over to see her.

I, however, like bringing him over. I like the way they relate to each other and how it seems to be good for both of them. I like spending time with the two of them. Still, I do want to take it easy. So, right now my son is busy watching television and spending time on the computer. My wife is getting things taken care of in the house (the place where we will be living as of next weekend) and I am relaxing and typing blog entries. I am going to play it by ear and see about heading over to Grandma’s and see what my son wants to do, or if he comes and asks if we can visit.

Fortunately he has been over there a couple of times this week (although never enough for Grandma), so even if we do not get there, I am not depriving a grandmother of seeing her grandson for an entire week.

No comments: