Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Holiday Atmosphere

My mother-in-law is going to be in the nursing home, for rehab, for the Jewish High Holidays. The assisted living program where she lives is a Jewish facility. While she may not always take advantage of the services they offer, she does appreciate that they are available.

I would imagine it has to be difficult to live in such a facility on a holiday, any holiday, when nothing is being done for that holiday. Certainly, based on the importance of the Jewish High Holy Days, it would seem to make the situation more difficult.

As of the current time, I have not heard my mother-in-law complain about this. I am guessing, however, it is just a matter of time. What I would really like to do is find a time when I can make some of the traditional holiday foods and bring it to her. I would also like to get her a few religious items associated with the holiday.

I do not know that this will help but I hope that anything which can be done to give people more of a holiday atmosphere can, and probably should help.

I think my wife feels the same way and would like to do something for her mom, despite the difficulties of their relationship. The problem is she is not feeling very well right know and she is busy preparing for the holidays herself. It is probably very difficult for her to find the time to do it.

Hopefully everyone involved will be able to have an enjoyable and happy holiday.

No comments: