Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Talking Again

I think my wife and my mother-in-law are speaking again, but I am not sure. I love the way things work.

As I indicated in a pervious post, the two had gone awhile without speaking, about a week. My mother-in-law told her daughter not to call her if all she (her daughter) was going to do was aggravate her (my mother-in-law).

My wife listened. My wife decided that she is the one who does all the leg work and goes crazy trying to accommodate her mother’s schedule. As a result, my wife decided it was not worth it and did not call her mom or speak with her for some time.

Now, apparently the other day, my mother-in-law called and spoke to my wife as if nothing had ever happened. Such conversations leave my wife surprised and wondering if her mother regrets not speaking to her daughter and not having her daughter take care of all her needs or if she simply does not remember that the two of them were fighting, or at least does not recall the conversation where she told her daughter not to call.

I am a firm believer that a selective memory can be a good thing as it lets us remember things as we need to, as is important for us to recall them. Still, something like this has got to be a little confusing.

Well, let’s see how long they stay talking to each other this time.

No comments: