Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Want To Go Too

My nephew’s bar mitzvah is rapidly approaching and my wife, son and I will be heading down state for the festivities. We will be driving as that will be the easiest thing and I am sure we will all have an enjoyable time and I have every confidence my nephew will do very well. My wife recently asked, however, for my Mother-in-law’s address. I am sure she wants to send an invitation and it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

My Mother-in-law is probably going to want to go. She will indicate that since we are driving, we could easily take her. I already know my wife will not like the idea. First off, she is not going to want to be responsible for her mother for the entire weekend. Second, she is not going to want to share an eight hour car trip with her mother, actually two eight hour car trips within three days if you include the drive there and back.

The question is how it plays out. I am not sure if my Mother-in-law will really try and push this. I am not sure how my wife will push back. I can see this being a calm situation and I can see this turning into a major blow up. All I can do is hope for the best.

No comments: