Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Disney

My Sister-in-law is pushing for her family and our family to take a Disney vacation together. Her argument is that the kids (they have a daughter, we have a son) are the perfect age right now to enjoy and understand and appreciate such a trip. She also feels it can be done for relatively inexpensive.

I agree that the kids are the perfect age and as much as I am not a Florida person, I think everyone would enjoy Disney. I am not sure it can be done for as inexpensive as my wife and I would want, however.

Still, money is not the main problem. I would be very surprised if my wife would agree to travel 1000 miles for a vacation and leave her mother back home in her assisted living facility. If we do the trip with her brother and his wife (the one who has proposed this idea), my wife would argue that there would be no one in the state to deal with any emergency should one occur. Even if her brother and family did not go, I know my wife would not go since she is much more detail oriented than her brother and is convinced if a situation occurs she would be quicker to respond.

It is a tough situation and I do not know the answer. On the one hand, I think it is important that our son experience vacations (and he really had never been on one in his life with the exception of going downstate to see the grandparents when they were alive and/or lived there). On the other hand, I understand the need to make sure her mother is properly taken care of. So, as usual, I will just roll with the punches and see what happens.

2 comments:

therapydoc said...

These are the decisions that really need to be discussed by the sibs seriously.

No fun is no good. On the other hand, no heart's no good either, right?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.